La Familia Counseling Center – http://lafcc.org
5523 34th Street, Sacramento, CA 95820
Ph. (916) 452-3601 Mon., Wed., Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Tue. – Thur. 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Parenting resources for zip codes 95814, 95817, 95820, 95824. Educational workshops, budgeting, home ownership, health care, gang awareness, and code enforcement, more.
• Parenting classes in English and Spanish.
• Play care is provided for moms that are participating in a Family Resource activity.
• Year round youth activities.
• Counseling, support, and outreach service for at-risk youth.
The North Sacramento Family Resource Center – https://www.facebook.com/NorthSacFRC
1217 Del Paso Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95815, (916) 679-3743
Mon. – Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Play care: (916) 679-3743 Transportation: (916) 275-3790.
FREE resources, workshops, and events for families in the North Sacramento area. The sites offers a variety of services including:
• Parent Time Outs
• Certified Parenting Classes (included specialized classes for expecting parents, fathers, and parents of teens)
• Nurturing Family Home Visitation Program
• School Readiness Services (including an Enrollment Fair and weekly reading groups)
• Parent Groups such as Stress Relief, Creative Me, Book Club, and Conversational English
• Child Groups such as Baby & Me, Toddler Time, and Little Geniuses
• Year Round Holiday Festivities
The River Oak Family Resource Center – http://www.riveroak.org
4322 4th Ave, Sacramento, CA 95817
Ph. (916) 244-5800
Mon. – Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Offers free Family Support Services for Families with Children 0-6 years. Exercise class – Computer class – Parenting classes.
Sacramento Chinese Community Service Center – http://sccsc.org
420 I Street, Suite 5, Sacramento, CA 95814
Ph. (916) 442-4228 Mon. – Fri. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Youth. After-school activities and counseling to mentoring and employment assistance.
Education & Outreach. Health education, parenting workshops, citizenship classes and more.
Tobacco education & Prevention. Innovative tobacco-use prevention and education services.
Seniors. Seniors services include translation, transportation, counseling and home health visits.
Valley Hi-Florin Family Resource Center – http://www.sacramento365.com/
7000 Franklin Boulevard, #820, Sacramento, CA 95823
Ph. (916) 290-8281
Offers weekly and ongoing family and parenting resources including parenting classes for moms and dads, help with nutritional meal preparation, fitness and more.
Toughlove Parent Support Groups – www.toughlove.org
Toughlove is a free support group for parents who want guidance and support in handling out of control children, teens, or adult children. Meetings are held in several locations. Adults only. No childcare is provided. Call 483-8508.